Haldwani violence: Big action against mastermind Abdul Malik, notice sent for recovery of so many crores
Haldwani. Haldwani Municipal Corporation in Uttarakhand on Monday issued a recovery notice of Rs 2 crore 44 lakh against Abdul Malik, the main accused in the Banbhulpura violence, for allegedly causing damage to government properties. In the notice issued by the Municipal Commissioner, it has been said that Municipal Corporation properties were damaged by Malik’s supporters by attacking the administrative team that had gone to demolish two buildings constructed illegally in ‘Malik Ka Bagicha’.
The notice also mentions the FIR lodged on the day of the incident on February 8, in which Malik has been named. Stating that the preliminary assessment of the loss allegedly caused by Malik is Rs 2.44 crore, the Municipal Corporation has asked him to deposit this amount in the Municipal Corporation, Haldwani by February 15. It has been said in the notice that if this is not done then recovery will be done from him through legal means.
Malik had allegedly constructed an illegal madrassa and namaz place, during whose demolition violence broke out. In the violence that broke out on February 8, the miscreants pelted stones at the administrative staff and after burning the vehicles, they also burnt the Banbhulpura police station. Police also used force during the incident. Six people had died in the violence. More than 100 people including policemen and journalists were injured.
No action taken against officials responsible for Banbhulpura violence: Congress
Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress President Karan Mahara on Monday slammed the state government and said that no action has been taken till now against the guilty officers in the Banbhulpura violence case of Haldwani. This statement of Mahara has come on the announcement of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami in which he said that a police station will be built on the land freed from encroachment in Banbhulpura.
The Congress leader said, ‘There is no harm in setting up a police station, but why did the officers not take the precautions that should have been taken during that (removal of encroachment)?’ He said, ‘We believe that strict action should be taken against those who carried out the attack but action should also be taken against the officers who are responsible for this.’ State Congress President said, ‘If precautions had been taken, so many people would not have died. Such a situation could have been avoided.
He said that the officials ignored the report of the local intelligence system about the deteriorating atmosphere in Banbhulpura and the possibility of danger. Mahara said that the time chosen for the action was 4 pm when it was going to get dark in the next two hours. The Congress leader said that an officer who is very unpopular among the local people due to his behavior was sent to lead the team that went for action. He refused to take the name of the officer but claimed that the said officer had been posted at different posts at the same place for the last 14-15 years and had recently been transferred from there.
This post originally appeared on hindi.news18.com