Let’s travel together.

Israel Hamas War Benjamin Netanyahu Apologized For Blaming Security Services For Failing To Prevent Hamas Attack

0 118

Benjamin Netanyahu Apology: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday (October 29) apologized for an earlier statement. In a statement, he blamed the security services for failing to stop the October 7 attack by Hamas. Netanyahu was facing sharp criticism from his allies and the opposition for blaming the security services.

According to news agency PTI, immediately after removing his original statement on social media platform X, Netanyahu said in a post, “I was wrong.” The things I said after the press conference should not have been said and I apologize for it.

Netanyahu further said that he gives full support to all the chiefs, commanders and soldiers of the IDF fighting for their home (Israel) on the frontline and is sending strength to them.

What did Benjamin Netanyahu say?

In a post late on Saturday night, the Israeli PM said that he did not receive any warning at any level about Hamas’s war intentions. He stressed that all security services, including the chief of military intelligence and the head of Shin Bet, were of the opinion that Hamas was demoralized and wanted to make further compromises. His statement was severely criticized, after which he was removed from social media.

At a press conference on Saturday (October 28) evening, Netanyahu was repeatedly asked whether he took responsibility for the failure, to which the Israeli PM dodged the question, saying there would be a thorough investigation into the matter after the war and all Everyone will have to answer, including him.

Will keep everything in front of the public – IDF spokesperson

On the other hand, Israeli military spokesman Daniel Hagari said, “We in the IDF and the Shin Bet will thoroughly investigate the truth and present everything to the public.” He stressed, “…for now we are focused on the war.” Have been.

This is not the right time for accounts – National Security Minister

National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir, Netanyahu’s ally, criticized his social media post, saying this was not the right time for a reckoning. Opposition leader Yair Lapid said that Netanyahu has crossed the rail line and he must apologize for his words. National Unity Chairman and former Defense Minister Benny Gantz said that PM Netanyahu should withdraw his comments.

About nine and a half thousand people have died so far

Meanwhile, the IDF has intensified attacks on Hamas targets in Gaza. The raids are being conducted ahead of a wider ground campaign. According to the IDF, it attacked about 450 targets belonging to the terrorist organization in the past few days. According to the claim of the Health Ministry in Hamas-run Gaza, more than eight thousand Palestinians have been killed so far due to Israeli attacks in the war. At the same time, more than 1400 people have lost their lives in Israel in Hamas attacks. Hamas still holds more than 200 Israeli people captive.

Also read- How did the Israel-Hamas war dash China’s hopes? Dragon got a blow in the Middle East

This post originally appeared on www.abplive.com

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.